Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Spring Game

We just got back from another weekend in Blacksburg. The weather was amazing and the boys had fun at the spring game.  
The boys liked to ask me who I thought was going to win...the Hokies or the Hokies!
But this girl was not having a good weekend.  It started the Sunday night before when Norah didn't want to eat dinner and complained that her stomach hurt.  She went to bed early but woke up and ate a few bites and seemed normal. Then she didn't eat any lunch at school and sat with her teacher instead.  After not eating much dinner she was on the ground in the fetal position with her stomach distended and crying/begging to be taken to the doctor.  After 3 hours at patient first they ran a few tests and it came back that she was just full of poop. She thought that was so funny (see her face in the picture below) So we went a whole week trying to get this girl to poop.  I gave her Miralax Monday night and half a dose on Tuesday but then just did pure prune juice to get things moving.  And by Tuesday it was moving. 
She would poop several times a day.  She was still complaining about her stomach hurting though and I thought maybe I should keep her home this weekend and actually should've.  But she really really wanted to go. Her stomach pains are awful for a few hours then would go away and be fine.

Lots of bathroom stops on the way up where she would poop/pee each time.  But we made it.  And then we went to the game and she wanted to sit really close to see the players.  Before the game started I had taken her to the bathroom at least 4 times. Then the game was about to start and I spent an hour in the bathroom with her. She would poop/pee then be done so we would wash hands and then leave to go back to our seats and before we got down the ramp to the stairs she would have to go again. So then she would poop/pee again and we would wait longer to make sure she got it all out.  Then nothing more would come so we would wash hands and then go back to our seats and again before we go to the stairs she would have to go back to the bathroom.  Poor thing started sobbing. At one point I'm sitting on the gross stadium bathroom floor indian style so she can prop her feet on my legs to help her try to get it all out. Shes sobbing and shaking and asking "what is wrong with me".  Then she hears Enter Sandman start to play and this girl knows her games "they are starting the game with out me!!!!!"

She finally says mommy take me home so we leave and I carry her out of the stadium where she passes out asleep on my shoulder for over an hour.  
Poor thing.  But then a few hours later she's completely fine and dancing around. 

We waited at the library for everyone to finish. I also sat a lot on that bathroom floor helping her poop.
 The weather was just beautiful! crazy that today they are having snow flurries. I did get to enjoy that in between bathroom breaks.


 She doesn't seem sick here.  Its all so strange and honestly didn't and don't know what to do.  I just keep calling her doctor and asking a ton of questions.  She does want us to bring her in if it doesn't get better

 I tried to get a good picture.


And she was fine for a few hours then it was bad again that night. 

A great place to read a book 
 Norah slept most of the way home. She felt so bad she didn't want to stop and see Jeff's puppy so brent took the boys and I took Norah home.

 She did lose her first tooth on this trip! I think I will always remember the weekend when she lost her first tooth! We've been going to football games since Colin was a baby so the fact that this is the first time I've had a sick child at one is pretty good odds I'd say.
 I kept her home from school yesterday.  She was just miserable. Her doctor said she could have a blockage or there's just some really impacted stool that hasn't come out yet.  She said to keep with the prune juice like we had been doing.  Yesterday she was constantly running to the bathroom so I hope she got it all out.  She's eating normally again today so that's a relief.
She was cute in her bow that she wanted in her hair.  If you don't feel good you can at least look good! 

No comments: