Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, May 05, 2018

Another tongue surgery

I went to my follow up appointment last Thursday and had surgery the next day. I kind of figured he couldn't fix my tongue without surgery.  But I was hopeful and then crushed. But I know it needed to be done.  I couldn't read a book to Norah without having to stop and rest my tongue.  It would bother me when I ate, when I talked and even when I ran.  He took another biopsy and sent it off to a different lab to get a second opinion.  But he said its most likely just scar tissue that formed from the first surgery.  This time it was much scarier recovery.  I was so sick coming out of it and passed out in the car and when we got home. I think I scared Brent pretty well.  I wasn't allowed to talk for a few days so I basically stayed in bed watching movies on the ipad and writing notes when I needed to communicate.  I had to go do swim team interviews for a swim coach that Sunday so I went with gauze in my mouth and just wrote out my questions that the other board members then asked.  Its been a lot harder this time to recover but I hope this is the last time I will ever have to go through this.

Today is Colins birthday. And I can talk again - a little bit..... "Hah-eee Birfff Day to Cawin" Its awful. And I'm sure Colin is glad his mom sounds like that as I meet all his middle school friends tonight at his Laser Tag Birthday Party.  Ha! But really the kids have been so sweet and helpful but I know they are also very very ready for Mom to get back to normal.

No comments: