Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, September 04, 2017

Home

So Virginia Tech has a phrase "this is home" because it is.  I don't know of many people who have gone to Tech and not still called it home. There is something very special about Blacksburg.
And now we have permanent roots in blacksburg! Mom and Dad bought a house in bburg.  If they had to move 5 hours away from me this is perfectly acceptable.  AND FRANK BEAMER IS THEIR NEIGHBOR! Cant get better than that!
This is not their house.  Its down the street from them but from the outside is MY dream house.  One day perhaps.
This is the view off their back porch.
We spent a lot of time outside watching the sun set and the stars come out.




They had just been there a week so they were still getting settled but it felt like home already.  I was really sad to leave.  I guess its a good thing if we ever end up homeless again that they are 5 hours away.... they have a huge basement that would've been perfect for us to move into the last two times we moved back in with mom and dad. 
We took the kids to Macados

And walked around campus a lot
I almost felt like I was having a midlife crisis because we were there during freshmen move in.  Which clearly was just 5,6 years ago right?  NOPE! My son is closer to going to college than its been since I graduated.  I graduated 15 years ago which is so hard to believe.  In 7 years I hope we will be dropping off Colin here - and then I really will move into mom and dads basement! 





We cant wait to go back!




No comments: