Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Blueberry Picking


We couldn't go a summer without blueberry picking.  I always go by Joels birthday for blueberries and Colin's birthday for strawberries.  Its still one of my favorite memories of taking the boys when Joel was 2 weeks old.  Norah asked what happens around her birthday and she was pleased when we said Easter time is somewhere close. 

We went back in July but I'm just now getting around to putting up pictures.  I took the kids twice. And we've enjoyed blueberry pies, cakes, muffins, pancakes, smoothies ever since. One day we went after swim practice and then the other time we went with Brent early in the morning.  The kids had fun with me.... with Brent I've never heard so much complaining.  It was 7am and Brent wanted to go early before it got too hot and before he left for work.  And the fact that Brent was up early and ready to go meant I didn't argue.  He is NOT a morning person and I think he's actually having a harder time with the back to school routine than the kids. He usually leaves for work around 9 so he would sleep in until 830 as much as possible this summer.  
Colin ate more than he picked and he picked an entire bucket.  Taking them blueberry picking right after a long swim practice might have explained all the blueberries they ate. 



This was clearly the morning blueberry time.  And its not that he isn't a morning person. He's the kid up before the sun almost every day.  He was upset that Pungo Pizza was closed and kept telling Brent that you don't mess with tradition.  Its always tradition to go blueberry picking and then pungo pizza.I didn't take them when we went before because Brent wasn't with us.  Joel just couldnt believe when the whole family is there we wouldn't keep with tradition.  And on and on....

I'm pretty sure Brent wont mess with tradition next year. 



No comments: