Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

FIVE


This sweet girl turned FIVE on Sunday!  FIVE!  How has it already been 5 years!   5 is always such a hard birthday for me. They start school and it seems like life goes so much faster after that. Out of all the kids I think Norah is the most ready for school.  She  can not wait for kindergarten.  Joel told her a long time ago that in kindergarten they have puppies so she constantly repeats that when she is five she will go to school and see puppies!!!!! She might be sad the first day of school when her puppies aren't there....

Norah was so excited for her birthday.  For weeks has been counting down for her birthday.  Then the week before she would wake up and say 6 more days until my birthday, 5 more days until my birthday 4 more days until my birthday... she was so excited.

Saturday she helped me make a cake. The more sprinkles the better for this sugar loving girl.


I felt very conflicted this year because I signed up to run the Shamrock marathon but this year it fell on her birthday.  I told Norah she could have my medal so she quickly started asking me how fast I was running after each training run!  She wanted to make sure I won her a medal! 


She's no longer afraid of fire, makes me a little sad. 








Joel wanted to make Norah a birthday present and made Norah her very own unicorn crown!  He was very proud

Happy birthday sweet girl!  Its hard to believe you are already five. You love your brothers yet at the same time know exactly how to push their buttons - mainly Joel's!   Colin has figured you out and can convince you to do his chores for a simple lollipop.  He is well aware that once you are in school and get to go to the treat box each week you will be getting your own lollipops so he's making the next few months count! 

You are still very much attached to mommy.  You will go into your awanas class by yourself but you wont go into Sunday school unless you can be with your brothers. Or even the childcare at the gym.   You tell me you will miss me too much and that you are shy.  I've asked you about kindergarten but you said you will be too busy with school stuff to miss me. 

You are my best helper and can remember any grocery item that I've forgotten.  If I really need to make sure we pick up something at the store then I tell you before we leave and you  make sure we don't leave the store without it.

Its fun to listen to you play pretend.  You tell me "Mommy don't listen while I play" and you enter into this wonderful  imaginary world.  I just make myself busy in the same room and love to listen to you act out your imagination with ponies, dolls, stuffed animals, etc. 

You and Joel fight over who gets Mommy to put to bed at night and I'm not sure why because Daddy will tell stories for hours and Mommy makes you go straight to sleep. But its Daddy you want in the middle of the night to snuggle with.  And its daddy you want in the mornings and you tell me every morning after Daddy goes to work how much you miss Daddy.  You still wake up almost every night and we are hoping that stops soon.  When Joel had surgery you slept on his floor all night in a sleeping bag each night so we are going to attempt to put you in a sleeping bag each night. 

You are still my girly girl and love accessories, and makeup.  You beg all the time to do "pale nolish" (nail polish) If you like a certain outfit its not uncommon for you to wear the same thing for days on end.  And yet  other days you change clothes constantly. 

We love you sweet girl!  You have been the perfect ending to our family and we can't imagine life without you.  What a gift you are to our family! 

No comments: