Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Birthday party

I'm not the best at planning birthday parties for the kids. But the mommy guilt got to me this year since I was running a marathon on Norahs birthday. So this year Norah got her first friend birthday party.  We planned it for sunday afternoon at one of our favorite parks.  Its tucked away, private and has a basketball court for Colin to play on. 


Norah invited 5 friends to come to her party.  Our neighbors couldn't come because their 7th grader had a double hitter game on sunday.  Tanner really wanted to come to Norahs party and was praying for rain the whole week before.  Because if it rained we were going to have her party the following weekend and he didn't have a game then.  I told him I would send Norah over to his house Sunday if it rained and cancelled her party. I think he really just wanted to come play basetball with Colin but Norah felt so special that he really wanted to be there at her party. 


I'm so glad Joel and Becca have stayed friends.  They basically have no choice because their mommys are great friends but it helps when they like each other.

Norah begged for a pinata after Charly's birthday party.  We found the cutest cupcake at walmart and Norah helped me stuff it full of candy.  Thankfully she got the first hit because as soon as she made contact with the pinata it broke.

This girl needs to play softball next year!
Norah LOVED her party.

 Last weekend was a super busy weekend with our trip to DC and Norahs party (also throw in a long swim team board meeting for me and we were all ready for bed easily sunday night)

No comments: