Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

Oh Christmas Tree


Remember how five years ago we got a real christmas tree and I've never been sicker?  Ever since then when we put up our little fake trees Brent always asks if I'm sure it was the tree that made me sick. Sooooo  this year I got talked into not 1 but 2 real christmas trees.  According to Brent "now we will really know if you are allergic"  And when we took out our fake trees they looked sad and needed new lights so we figured it was now or never. If the trees do make me really sick then Brents promised to buy the most real looking fake tree for next year and never suggest a real one again.   And I stocked up on allergy meds.

 Sunday was a beautiful day and we went driving to a few tree farms.  The first one had no trees to cut down.  We thought if we cut it down then the tree would be fresher and might not bother me as much.  So the first tree farm didnt have any.  Then the next one had one I really liked but then we noticed a huge spiders egg sack in the tree that had recently hatched and even Brent said he wouldn't bring that tree into the house.  Then they were either too short (we couldnt cut a certain size) or too big.  
 




 So we left and took the kids to pungo pizza and they weren't too sad we drove all over without a tree.






 So we ended up at a tree lot down the street from our house where both boys picked out trees and we have one in the family room and one in the sunroom.  Colin and I would smell each tree at the lot to determine which ones didn't smell.  We were the only ones at the lot smelling each tree! haha

But our real trees are beautiful. Colin keeps asking me how I'm feeling because he really doesn't want to have to take these trees down.  (Brent agreed that if I get really sick then he would take them down and we'd buy a big fake one) But so far I'm ok.  A little blocked up but the allergy meds seem to be working for now.




Its been fun decorating this new house for christmas.  And I'm really hoping that our pretty trees don't make me too sick.  I'm pretty sure since they wanted a real tree then they should let mommy sleep in on the weekends from now until Christmas.







No comments: