Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, December 02, 2015

College friends

On Black Friday we drove up to Richmond to meet Sarah and our friend Julia and her kids.  I haven't seen Julia in 10 years -  maybe even 11?  The last time we could remember was right after christmas one year with a bunch of college friends so its definitely been way too long.  She and Jase moved to Texas after they got married.  I actually missed their wedding since I was in Kazakhstan but I think that summer worked in my favor! But her parents live near Richmond so it worked out this year that we could all meet and I'm so glad we did.  

Julia has two boys - 6 and 3 and the kids all played so well together.  You never know with kids and their personalities but the kids all hit it off.  We walked around Maymont Park the entire day and then went to Panera for lunch and the kids sat and ate together and then Jake and Joel drew pictures and Colin entertained all of them by making paper airplanes so we spent maybe 2 more hours sitting and talking.  Being able to sit and talk for  close to 2 hours with 5 kids is pretty amazing. The kids loved their new friends.










Joel ended up stuck literally in the mud.  I had to pull him out.

It was a great day and so good to see Julia and catch up. The kids have been asking about their new friends ever since.

No comments: