Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Training

Thanks everyone.  We're pretty excited. I go to the doctor Friday and will get an official date then and hopefully I'm farther along than I think because all of a sudden this weekend I'm thinking I might need to get some maternity shorts. You take a test one week and the next you pop out.  Hopefully thats normal :)  Or at least I'll keep telling myself that.  I'm feeling pretty yucky which is good I guess - it means a healthy baby just makes for very very long days.  My neighbor just had a baby and wasn't sick a day the whole time.  Not sure how people get so lucky but for now I'm just trying to make it through the next few weeks. 

Colin has decided to take on the role of training Joel to be a big brother.  This is a conversations I overheard the other night. 

Colin:  Joel I'm going to train you how to be a big brother now.  Ok?"

Joel: "otay"

Colin: The first thing to be a big brother is not whining or complaining a lot -


Joel :"otay"

Colin: To be a big brother you can't cry or complain.  You just do it when you're sad about something.

Joel:  "otay"

Colin: You have to be strong.  You have to be strong. Ok joel?

Joel: "otay"

Colin: Ok Joel another training is big brothers have to be gentle.


Joel: "otay"

Colin: And there's one more thing I'm going to teach you today - ok?  The last thing to play angry birds you have to ask dada.  Ok?

Joel: "otay"

Colin: I'm going to teach him a lot more things tomorrow. teaching him before the baby is good right?  Then he knows.

2 comments:

sarah said...

hahaa! Love it! They are both going to be great big brothers!

k.oldt said...

love it!`