Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, March 11, 2010

snuggles

Last night I was sound asleep when I was woken 4 times.  2 by a baby wanting to be held and snuggled and fed, 2 times by a little boy who wanted his mommy to snuggle. Good thing I went to bed at 8:00.  And Colin doesn't always wake up like this. He's been pretty good lately about sleeping all night.  There are nights when I desperately want them to go back to sleep and pray that they would fall asleep but last night was different.  Each time Colin yelled "mommy...mommy..." louder and louder I went in and climbed into bed with him and he snuggled so close and held my hand. He even covered me with his blanket so I would be nice and comfy.  It was so sweet that I was reminded how short these moments last. That soon he'll be way to big to call for mommy to snuggle. And I just love snuggling with my boys.  Joel is a huge snuggler and lately he just wants to be held at night. Those teeth and a stuffy nose make for a hard time for this little baby to sleep. So I bring him into bed with us and hold and snuggle with him.  And he nuzzles in so close and I just love it.  I am constantly reminded of all those naps I took with Colin when he was this age.  Because Joel isn't the first he is usually put to sleep and then left in his crib during nap time. And I've missed a lot of snuggle time with him.  And since my little baby is wanting to be a big boy so badly like his big brother, I am going to not resent the lack of sleep I am getting (although mommy would be a much more fun mommy in the morning if she could get sleep!) and instead snuggle with my boys because this too will pass all to quickly.  And instead of learning to cry themselves to sleep they are learning that mommy and daddy will always be there to snuggle, chase monsters away, comfort pain and just love on them when they need it the most. Besides, if we let them cry it out they will wake the other one up and then we'd have two kids to put back to sleep.  Its much easier with one :)


(Brent took this picture Saturday night when he came home from a basketball game.  Both boys were snuggled in bed with me.  I love the big wet drool spots on both sholders. From Joel - not me! And yes Colin still has his ba-ba, thats the last one and his very very late ba-ba  he uses when its super late :) My baby refuses a pacifier but my almost 4 year old still loves his.  Oh well... )

4 comments:

sarah said...

The drool on the left shoulder is of course joels... the drool on the right shoulder is directly under your mouth....

k.oldt said...

I love this picture and love the fact that you are enjoying these times with your boys. I need to remind myself this more often, because like you said, it does go by so quickly! Lucy has been joining me for mid-morning snugfests too!

Julie said...

oh my goodness that is a great shot. Love that Brent took it. So sweet, that is a great picture to keep for the book :)

Nystral Djo said...

that is the GREATEST picture. there is nothing as sweet as an open-mouthed baby belly sleeping. awwww. and don't feel the need to defend the pacifier!!! =)