Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

first words

Last night when I came home from running, Joel reached for me and clearly said "mama." He has been saying it for a while now but I wasn't sure he knew what he was saying. But last night I knew.  And I loved it. And he's been saying it nonstop all day.  He has been saying da-da for a while now which was especially nice one night at 3am when he woke us up saying "da-da" so Brent went to get him :)  He does love his daddy and cries when he sees Brent leave for work. Joel is such a happy baby and still loves to be held and snuggled all the time.  And finally he has gone back to waking up only once at night!  woo hoo!  lets hope the rest of his teeth take a long time to come in.  But this kid gets into everything. Cords, trashcans, toilet water, he even climbed into my shower the other day.  Colin never did any of that. He definitely keeps us on our toes.  Joel also takes his cars and makes them move while saying "vrrrrr" = vroom.  Its the cutest thing and reinforces our belief that he is in fact a genius.

 
I love this picture of Joel in the midst of his belly laugh. He is one tickleish kid.  I hope we dont tickle it out of him anytime soon.
My precious baby,  you are growing up too fast.  But we love every minute of it. 

4 comments:

Julie said...

oh my goodness, that picture of Colin tickling Joel is priceless... LOVE IT.

When is your race? I have been thinking about you so much and wondering about it... can you send me your phone number so I can call you
:)

k.oldt said...

this is so sweet, lucy is into everything as well, she is driving me nuts! haha rj never did 1/2 as much as she is doing

tifi*cha cha* said...

darling!

Heather said...

I just read this! I am so jealous! hehe. Becca says "dada" all day! I want the "mama" :)