Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, August 18, 2008

for uncle jeff!

Colin helping paint his room. Its really cute and I need to get some pictures of his room to show you. He's so proud of it.
Painting momma was better than the walls (and by the way I'm now momma again - yea!)
Our dinning room. It looks really big in this picture but our buffet that we love doesn't fit. That is in the back room with our games, dvds and videos in it. we need to find something skinnier to fit in here. So you can see the boxes of my dishes in the back. They don't fit in the kitchen cabinets. we are also going to paint below the chair rail soon.
The view from our front door. I don't like looking at the tv right when you walk in but the rest of the layout works. Its an open floor plan and you can see the kitchen and dinning room.
Our front room. Notice our new couch. Its really comfy. For $50 less we could've gotten a redskins red couch.... we thought really hard but liked the chocolate one better. The coffee table looks a little out of place here and we need something over the couch. Any ideas???
Our back room. The sliding glass doors are next to colin. This is where Colin's kitchen set and hobby horse are going :) As you can see there are still a bunch of things against the walls that we have no idea where to put. Here he is watching bambi with his stuffed bambi and thumper. We can only watch the first 38 minutes of it because once bambi's mother dies and then bambi gets caught in the fire its downhill. But the first 38 minutes are great! colin lifts up his animals when they come on the screen so they can see themselves on tv. its so cute.
Our eat in kitchen. Its a $200 table I got for $25 plus the chair. It has a few scratches on it but Colin has already added more. But for $25 I dont mind.... now if I had paid 200 he wouldn't be allowed near it unless he had plastic utencils.
Our pretty green kitchen. Just is deceivingly small. My silverware has to fit in two drawers.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oooh! I love house pictures. :) You could always stretch fabric over a canvas to go above the couch. It's a cheap way to create a large picture. Or you could do a series of mirrors (depending on what they'd be reflecting), like these IKEA ones (I have several, so I'm biased... but they're so cute and affordable - and paintable!):

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90075741

You should check out this blog for great home décor advice... I'm a big fan of their style:

www.thisyounghouse.com

Miss you! xo :)

Beth said...

I just realized it cut the end of my link off. It's: products/90075741

:)

Anonymous said...

The house looks great! Thanks for finally posting some pictures. Colin has some mad painting skills! Maybe he can help me with my kitchen!! Tell your Dad to bring a big truck up to the Ga Tech game for the horse and kitchen!!!!!!!!!