Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas in DC

This past weekend we went to visit Grandpa Goedecke (aka Pops) and spent some time in DC taking Colin around to a few of the tourist sites. We first went to see the national tree only Colin wasn't too impressed since it was daylight and the lights weren't on. Uh-OH was the word he kept saying. We then took Colin over to the WWII memorial and spent the whole time keeping Colin from climbing into the fountains. He loved it and really didn't understand why Mommy wouldnt let him splash in the water. (the other day we went to the playground and splashed in all the puddles - Colin and I had a great time but I'm afraid he now thinks any standing water is for him to splash in)

We then went to the Air and Space museum to look at all the airplanes. As you can see he loved driving the airplane! We met a friend Mike for dinner and then went home to open some Christmas presents. And thats when our wonderful weekend took a downhill. Colin opened a present and then puked up his dinner and spent the rest of the night with the flu. The only way he slept was if I held him so no one got any sleep. The poor thing was so sick and had no clue what was going on. We came home early after meeting a friend for breakfast and while Colin has bounced back very quickly, he passed the wonderful flu onto Momma and Aunt Mary. Brent deserved the father/husband of the year as he has taken care of both of us and praise the Lord for his strong stomach as I get queasy with anything flu related. We are so glad we're still living with my parents as they have helped tremendously with Colin so Brent can take care of me and my parents can watch Colin. As I'm writing this I have only seen Colin for a minute today! I miss my little boy and pray that all of us are feeling much better tomorrow. Happy New Year! Hopefully this isnt an indication of what the year will bring.

No comments: