Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, April 03, 2022

This is 10



Our baby reached double digits this year. 
She has been so excited for her birthday and finally being 10.
We took her to Motor World as a family on her birthday. She loved it.  We've only been once but the parking lot is right next to Ocean Breeze waterpark so we see it weekly.  There was hardly anyone there so it was perfect to go and take a few laps around the tracks.
Colin went for speed, Joel was more cautious and Norah just tried to not come in last each time. Joel did say he went slow so the birthday girl wouldn't be last but Colin would just lap her over and over. 

She said it was great and picked Moes for her birthday lunch.  She ate an adult sized burrito.  I usually get a kids burrito since they are so big.  She loves mexican food. 






We came home after racing and lunch to make her cake. She wanted to make an ice cream cake with a brownie crust. Then we went to a swim team board meeting where the surprised her with a gift and cupcakes. All in all a great birthday well spent. 

She is looking so much older lately. She still loves to snuggle and will literally follow me all over the house. If I'm in the bathroom she will sit outside the door until I'm done in the mornings.  She is starting to love to read and will ask at night if she can read just one more chapter.  She has a goal of reading the entre bible this year.  She is very creative. She loves to get out her glue gun and make things out of cardboard.  She can do that for hours.  She is learning to stick up for herself at school as some boys have started calling her Dora the explorer.  She loves her teacher. And it helps that she passes our neighbors class walking to hers so she stops and gets a hug every morning.  She is not concerned yet with her grades. This is the first year she's gotten actual grades in school.  As she told one friend, "my mom doesn't worry about my grades. she just wants me to get out of the car each morning!" ha! and also very true.  I told her I homeschooled her once, I can do it again.  But if I think school is better for her she should trust me.  Among the rise of phones, and all the devices, I feel like kids are growing up so fast.  A friend of mine recently told me that Norah is still a little girl who plays age appropriately. She is in no hurry to grow up and impress others. She just wants to play and have fun. 

We love you sweet girl! Happy Birthday.

No comments: