Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, April 11, 2022

Double Digit Getaway

Our last double digit getaway. For a few weeks, Norah said she didn't want to have a getaway.  She wanted the boys to go with her. Then she wanted just a birthday party since she hasn't had one in two years.  She went back and forth.  Then her friend, who celebrates her birthday a week later asked Norah to come spend the night and Norah considered that part of her birthday party so she wanted a getaway.  We didn't go far, just down to the ocean front.  We asked if she wanted to do Great wolf lodge but she said no.  She spends all summer at a water park. So oceanfront it was. 

She picked Moes for dinner and then wanted to go to Apex, this new indoor experience.  It has an arcade, bowling, laser tag, zip lining, go carts, and more.  We did putt putt and laser tag and then she did the arcade games. She really missed Joel. She used her arcade prize tickets to get him a prize he would like. 




She won this ball in a claw machine and then turned to me and said "see mom it isn't just a scam to get your money" ha! I do tell them that a lot.


We had an oceanfront view.

Swam in the pool
Rollerbladed on the boardwalk

This is really what she wanted to do. When I went on my birthday weekend, Heather scheduled us to do these pictures. She was recovering from a very traumatic emergency surgery and had always wanted to do these pictures so we did it.  For her.  And the picture of us makes me laugh.  Norah loved it and wanted to do it as well. And these make me laugh as well.  


We came home Saturday afternoon and an hour later she was off to her first sleepover. Shes wanted to do them before, but I've always said no.  She still comes in our room weekly at night.  But this was my girl scout coleader and we've gone on a few camping trips together, so I knew if Norah got scared in the night she was comfortable going to her.   It was Norah and two other girls.  Before bed Norah told them that her brothers said whoever falls asleep first you Sharpe their face. One girl thought that sounded great, the birthday girl didn't. Then the other girl suggested sharing spooky stories.  The birthday girl said no my mom usually prays with me before bed, Norah piped up MINE TOO so they prayed and went to bed before any spooky stories or Sharpe markers came out. And Norah did great. Slept all night and was so proud of her first sleepover. 

This was Norah on the way to swim practice Sunday night. 

Joel and Colin had fun with Mama-ma and Grandpa.  I don't think Joel ever stopped talking.  When they left he looked at me and said "now who will I talk to and entertain?"

 

No comments: