Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, April 11, 2022

Half Marathon


Holly and I ran another half marathon together.  We started running together again during covid.  Got back up to running 12 miles each week pretty consistently. Then school started this fall, life become more normal and we could only run sporadically together.  But we signed up to run the shamrock. And I thought no big deal, I've done this a lot.  Meant to train a lot in Feb and March. Then I got a job teaching kindergarten and running didn't happen.  But we made it through and glad we did it.  Around miles 7-11 I wasn't sure and we usually talk the entire time but were completely silent.  Our friend Amanda came on her bike and biked with us for the last few miles that kept us going. 



Hollys brother started out with us.  But his twin brother ran a race in New Jersey the day before and sent us all his time and said to beat that.  David took off and was determined to beat that.  And he did. We did not but weren't as far off as I thought we would be.  It was a beautiful day to run.  

No comments: