Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, March 05, 2020

School

Second grade is going great for this girl. She did have trouble after Christmas break. They had a lock down drill where two classes had to go hide in the handicapped bathroom and one of the teachers had to tell one boy not to throw up. So that set off Norah for a few weeks. (Can’t really blame her after that!) She refused to get out of the car one day in the parent drop off. Thankfully the security guard noticed and ran over to get her and walked her to class. Then Norah got to have lunch with her and watch all the tv security monitors to see that no one gets in or out without them seeing it. She is also now going to go the guidance counselor right before any lock down drills and that has calmed a lot of her fears. The security guard always sees me drive by after I drop off Norah and I see her checking on Norah. She told me recently that she watches how Norah walks in and if Norah looks apprehensive she will text the special ed teacher who has a classroom next to Norah and that teacher will go and make sure she’s out in the hall greeting Norah with a big hug before she gets to her classroom. It really takes a village and we’ve been thankful for all the teachers looking out for Norah. 


This week was Dr. Seuss week and when Olivias mom texted me to see if Norah wanted to be thing 2 I quickly said yes. Anything to keep Norah excited about school! Olivia is also in our Girl Scout troop! Sweet girl! Another mom made their shirts. I’ve only been going into lunch each Wednesday but this time I went in to see the girls and have lunch with them.  

It doesn’t ever get old seeing her so happy at lunch. A far cry from last year when she would sit and cry in my lap the entire time. 


No comments: