Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, March 20, 2020

Homeschooling


We’ve been thrown into homeschooling thanks to the Corona Virus. It’s always something we bring up each year as a possibility. Yet as Colin told me today it wasn’t a choice we even had so it all feels strange. And no end date if there will be an end date. The school has sent work that we are doing and I’m having Colin do extra Geometry assignments that I make for him. And Joel and Norah are weaker in math so we are doing lots of math here. I think they wish their mother wasn’t a math major right now. 
I do love having them home all day with me. If I wasn’t so worried Brent won’t be able to work then it wouldn’t be as stressful not knowing the end of all this. 

 They miss their teachers and routine and friends. We are finding our grove and actually Joel and Norah are pleasantly not pushing each other’s buttons as much. You’d think the opposite that since they are around each other they would fight more. The boys have also played way too much Xbox - can it count as schooling because that’s how they chat their their school friends? Ha! But they’ve also been playing all afternoon outside with the neighbors. It’s rare we are all home so much so they are enjoying that.

I did tell them today jokingly that I will start having a student of the week and Joel whispered to me that he already knows he would be the last student in the house to get it! Norah heard student of the week and has asked several times when I will get a treasure box that the student of the week can pick from.




No comments: