Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, March 20, 2020

Horse back riding

Back in January when Norah starting having trouble going to school again I made a deal with her that if she didn’t cry in the mornings then I would take her horse back riding on the beach. We always see the horses but have never done it. The crying stopped. I should’ve looked into the cost because it is expensive but was cheaper than counseling so we kept it. She’s mentioned it several times and I kept adding more time to it.  Last week when things were cancelling I booked a slot for her and I. And said it was a birthday party.  And her school reward  since she might not go back to school the rest of the year. As she kept reminding me “she was happy in the mornings and I promised!” 
 I wasn’t sure if it would still be open and went back and forth about canceling it but I’m glad I didn’t. They cleaned everything- saddles, bridles, helmets, etc so thoroughly and said that the health department had been out watching them all day. But the health dept should’ve been stopping  large groups of college kids congregating. Norah would loudly point out every group over 10! Ha!
Colin wanted to go too so I got him the last spot. Joel decided last minute he wanted to go but it was sold out. They only have 5 horses  with the virus going around. Colin got nipped in the leg by a horse in the very beginning. The horses were all together and then we started towards the water and I guess colins horse was too close to another horse. Colin told me halfway through and his leg was already bruising. Poor thing! He said it was fun and worth it though. But now Joel is very glad he stayed home with Brent! 

Norah was a natural. Led her horse better than the rest of us.




 She was so excited to not be led around in a little circle! She had full control and could lead her horse all by herself.

 She said the entire way home that this was the best birthday ever!
It was fun and such a beautiful night to be out on the beach.

This morning she told me that horseback riding was magical.



No comments: