Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, May 04, 2019

Camping

 We finally had perfect weather for camping. No rain and no 30 degree temps.
This is the second year we've gone camping with Heather and David so we have said its an annual tradition now. 

 The kids had a big water balloon fight.


Apparently Colin had a strong arm and good aim.... Norah got pelted on her shoulder and Joel in his side.

 I didn't get any pictures of it but David took us to the shooting range and taught the kids how to aim and hit a target.  All the kids had a chance but no one hit the target.  Then I got the gun and hit the target 4 times. So then Brent was determined there was something wrong and we tried it again. I hit it 7 or 8 times that time and then called it quits. I told the kids don't mess with their momma. Brent and David kept trying to beat my score but I'm proud to say they couldn't.

 We had an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids


 
 


Not much candy came home with them


 
 

 

 






 
 The kids loved fishing. They were all catching fish pretty easily. Except for Becca.  She kept trying but the fish would eat her worms before she could real them in.


 Last year we caught Chester and the fish stories surrounding Chester grew and grew all year.


 This year there was a huge fish swimming around trying to eat the smaller fish we were catching.  Jordan named it Big Bad Barry.

 We ran out of worms so Joel went frog hunting.  That was gross putting the frog on the hook but it worked to catch fish. Then Joel found a grasshopper and put it on Beccas line.




 






 And Becca caught Big Bad Barry. Sometimes its worth the wait.
 
 And fish that big remind me why I like being able to see my feet when I swim.
 It was a great way to end our spring break


No comments: