Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, December 09, 2017

This boy

This boy. Sometimes I really don't know what to do with him. 

One morning we were walking out to the bus and he was complaining that Daddy gave him a sock that's too small.  Brent had gotten socks out of our sock basket (sometimes I just throw them all in the basket if I don't have time to match them) I told him he could run back inside and get new socks.  He was panicked that he would miss the bus (it wasn't coming down the street so he had time) I told him I could run in and grab a pair and he could change at the bus stop.  NO! He didn't want to do that.

So we started walking down the driveway.  Then he starts complaining that I made his lunch and he wanted to buy today.

I had asked him when he woke up if he wanted to buy or for me to make his lunch - he chose for me to make his lunch. 

So then I told him he couldn't buy that day that his lunch was already packed but he could buy tomorrow..... grumble grumble grumble.  "I want to buy lunch today!" 

I told him if he wanted to buy he had to use his own money since I already made his lunch like he picked not even  30 minutes earlier... so much complaining. 

Well then the bus starts coming down the street so he takes out his lunch box. Throws it to me and as he's walking onto the bus he tells me "I don't want your stinkin lunch. I'll pay you $3 BUT mom that's coming out of YOUR CHRISTMAS PRESENT"  and he gets on the bus and drives away

He came home and gave me $3 and told me that the school lunch was disgusting and asked if I would please make his lunch the next day....

I'm realizing that the things he complains about and rants and raves about  aren't what's really bothering him. It started with his sock and then his anxiety of missing the bus. Even though his bus driver would've waited for him or I could've driven him. Anything out of his routine or even what he expects throws him off. He really didn't care about my stinkin lunch. I think lunch was something he could control.

This boy has been working to earn money to buy people Christmas presents.  He also lost a tooth and asked the tooth fairy for FIVE BUCKS so he can buy his family Christmas presents. The tooth fairy left a note that she hadn't heard such a generous request so she granted his request. He has been excited to get gifts for everyone for Christmas.

Norah's school had their annual Breakfast with Santa and kids Christmas shop.  Brent took the kids and said Joel brought his wallet and went into the store and bought us all gifts with his own money.  I'm dying to ask him if my gift was $3 short! haha!

No comments: