Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Weekend fun

A few weeks ago I drove up to Richmond to run the Richmond Half Marathon.  Its crazy to think how fast life goes.  This was our 5th time running and also our slowest! Ha! I haven't seen Bethany since last year so we ran and talked the whole time.  Before we knew it we were passing mile 4 and were commenting how great a shape we were in and were feeling great... until a 2:30 pacer guy passed us up about mile 9 then we looked at each other and decided for the first time to stop and use the porta potties.  haha I wasn't sore the next day so I think we did take it really really slow.  I just love Bethany and love that we get to do this each year together.
On our way up I picked up Holly after work and she came to hang out.  It was so good to get to spend that time in the car with her.  She is expecting baby #3 so she had a great reason not to train with me this fall - even though I missed all our training runs.  It wasn't the same without her.  But very thankful she still came and cheered us on with Sarah.  It was so much fun all hanging out Friday night and Saturday at Sarah's.  They met us at the halfway point and were at the finish line waiting for us.  Its fun to have people cheer you on. 
I needed this weekend with great friends who are so encouraging.

Before I picked up Holly on Friday I dropped Colin off with MaMa-maa and Grandpa for an amazing weekend.  Hokie basketball game on Friday night and Football Game on Saturday. 

He had a lot of fun and said some of his favorite parts were the games, and all the food.








These were all pictures Colin took. He enjoyed taking selfies! 

Brent took Norah and Joel to Chuck E Cheese and they played with friends all weekend.  Joel said he was sad Colin missed out so its good to know he wasn't upset he didn't get to go.  He was a little but then we told him he had to go to not one BUT two games and have to stay the whole time (since Grandpa doesn't leave early) AND spent 10 hours in the car and Joel was very happy staying home. 

When we were all back together and talking about our weekends I said to Colin "now the real question I have for you is did Grandpa get me a Christmas present from the campus emporium"  haha I was just teasing but Colin can't keep a secret and said yes and then realized he said too much.  Colin keeps talking about this yoda hokie shirt he liked but I guess Grandpa asked him if the got it would he forget about it until Christmas.  Growing up we were always out shopping and were told to forget about something until Christmas.  Colin never forgets anything and said he couldn't forget about it so they put the shirt back. 

A great weekend for everyone but I was very glad to all be back home together.

No comments: