Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Goodbye farm

We said goodbye to the farm this weekend.  And it could not have been better weather or more beautiful.  It was such a gift for saying goodbye to a place we love so much. 

Its hard to say goodbye to the farm.  Its saying goodbye all over again to my grandparents. So many weeks and weekends were spent there with them.  I really got to know my grandarents and am so grateful for those times spent with them.  And I miss them so much. 
 

Lots of walks to the creek

Mud man got stuck in the mud.  He couldn't get out, the mud was up to his knee. 
Then the next day Joel slipped on the rocks and fell flat on his back in the creek.
I think my grandpa would've loved that because he always said someone (mostly sarah) always fell in.
Cindy joined us for the weekend and it was so nice having her with us.  We took her all over - the creek, the big rocks, the mill. 





 












 This mill is on some civil war maps

 Lots of fresh air and walking wore this girl out. 


 We were at the creek and colin headed off alone.  I knew where he was going and let him go have some alone time on his rock. 
When I got there he said with tears in his eyes "mom you know how some people think paradise is white sandy beaches?  I think this is paradise."  Colin and I both cried the whole way home. 

When we were little we started going up with grandma and grandpa for day trips.  The fields weren't clear and we would work and help clear the land and then eat hot dogs for lunch that we cooked over the fire.  We thought it was a perfect last meal to have at the farm. 
I always put flowers on grandpas grave whenever we go up. I cut some roses and realized the kids had gotten there before me. They left their treasures for him.

I could not have done this weekend without sarah there. 





We left our mark at the farm.  But the truth is this place has left its mark on me.  I'm so thankful for the many memories. Its so hard to say goodbye.





No comments: