Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Meet the teachers

Yesterday we met the teachers. And it all feels so different. Colin is apprehensive because he doesn't know the school and I could see on his face his nervousness when he sat down at his desk and didn't know anyone in his class.   I think all the fourth graders on our street are all in different classes. It is sooooo good to be able to talk to the other moms and between all of them I'm figuring out both boys schools. 

Joel's school is one where they walk outside to get to the class. Which I think can be kind of nice (except in the winter) Joel is nervous about how to get to his class but I think his teacher will be good for him. She's the "strict" one according to the moms on the street but also very good so I think she will be a good fit for Joel. She might be strict but I really liked her yesterday. Hope I feel the same way as the year goes on. 

This was Norah's face the whole day. Me too sweet girl. Me too!  Not ready to send them to school yet. Or ever! 

So many prayers went into finding this house that here is no doubt about sending the boys to these schools. But I'm still worried about them and hope they jump right into their new schools and thrive like they did at their old school. I do already hate that we have to wake up at 6am! Their bus comes at 7:00 - the last 4 years we didn't get up until 7:30 some mornings to get them to their 8:15 bus time. That is going to be hard on all of us. 



No comments: