Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, September 08, 2015

First day of school


 We have finished a day of school.  And I'm hopeful for a great year for both boys.  Besides the getting up early part.  I woke Colin up and then went to  wake up Joel.  When I walked into Joels room he was sound asleep with a big smile on his face... wonder what he was dreaming about.  But it took a few minutes for me to convince Joel it was time to wake up since it was still dark outside.  His bus comes at 6:55 so Colin and I walked him out while Norah was still sleeping. 


 First grade.  All day which seems like such a big difference but Joel didn't notice it was a longer day.  He said it was just like kindergarten except now he goes to the cafeteria. 
Unfortunately he is the first bus stop which means the last one at the end of the day.  So while he goes 15 minutes before Colin's bus he gets home after Colin.


Colin and I then walked back inside to get Colin off for the day. Our neighbors came and got Colin and I to walk to the bus stop. Their daughter is also in 4th grade and they have two middle school boys and one of them wanted to walk Colin down and he encouraged Colin the whole time until the bus came. Colin was pretty nervous so I'm really thankful for that boy. I really love our neighbors. 


And then they were off and I came home to a quiet house. Thankfully Norah likes to sleep in and I'm hoping she continues that this year.  I'm watching a friends kids Tuesday mornings so it worked out perfectly that they came over today so Norah woke up to friends and didn't even ask about her boys being gone. 

They had great days and now are out scootering with the neighbors comparing days.  And each day will get easier and easier for us all as we fall into the new routine. 

No comments: