Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Reading


Colin and I have been reading Harry Potter the past few months. Brent was amazed one weekend when we both stayed up past midnight reading. It was then that I learned Brent has never stayed up late reading a fiction book. My brain can't imagine that at all. I have spent many many nights staying up late reading since I was little. Brent was used to the fact that I stayed up reading at night but the fact that Colin pleads to stay up every night reading is amazing to him. And even more amazing I think that Colin woke himself up at 5am to finish a chapter. 

He also found out Colin is reading another novel at school in between assignments. So basically Colin has his nose in a book all day long and I couldn't be more happy. 

He is on the last Harry potter book and I'm just waiting for him to finish so I can read it. It's my first time reading them and I'm glad it's with Colin. It's so fun talking to him about it.  We made a deal this weekend where he could stay up as late as he wanted but if he went to bed past midnight he had to take a nap the next day.  So he went to bed at 11:59 both nights! Ha! 

He woke up at 5:21 this morning to read so I'm hopeful I will be reading the final book soon.  


No comments: