Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Another half

Yesterday I ran my fourth half marathon! It's still crazy to me but this time I felt really good running it which is a good thing because Sarah talked me into doing a full marathon! 
Bethany met me in Richmond. Third year running this so it's become one of my favorite fall traditions....although it was freezing this weekend and I was numb for the first few miles. 

Sarah ran her first full marathon! 26.2 miles!  
It's so fun to talk to Bethany the whole time and catch up. Halfway through Bethany handed me some energy chews. I like to eat mine all at once. Bethany took her time and ate a few every mile. Right after that I was feeling really good and was amazed at what great shape I was in compared to the last few times I've run it. And then we found out after the race that the chews had shots of caffeine in them! Ha! No wonder I felt so good.
Bethany and I are already signed up for the shamrock full marathon so it'll be an interesting winter training for it but I'm excited to train and cross that off my bucket list. And I'm hoping for a very mild winter to run.
Sarah has always ran the races first then talked me into them. First it was the 10k then the half marathon and now the full. I hope she doesn't try for anything longer! Ha! But she did amazing and is already encouraging Bethany and I on what helped her this time. 

No comments: