Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Two

She's two.  How on earth did that happen so quick?   
 We went to the doctor today and she's off the charts for height but only 40% for weight. My tall skinny girl.  Norah has so much personality.  She is very expressive and definitely lets you know quick what shes thinking.  She also rivals Joel in keeping us on our toes and in being strong willed.  I dont think Joel will have prepared us for this little princess.  In which case many prayers are appreciated. 
 She adores her brothers.  And loves to run and give them hugs and kisses and will do just about anything they do.  She tries hard to keep up with them and their friends. Its made her seem older in some ways. 
 She is such a girly girl and I'm sure no one is surprised that her favorite book right now is Fancy Nancy and she has to point out all the bracelets and necklaces Nancy is wearing on each page.  She loves tutus and a lot of times insists on putting a tutu on over her pajamas before bed.  But she also loves to get muddy and dirty and roll in the mud.  I think she's the best kind of girl - has the best of both. 
 Thats her ghost face where she puts her hands over her face and pretends to make ghost noises. Something her brothers taught her.  She also loves to hide and then will call out for her "BOYS COME FIND ME!!!!" which most of the time they do.  She loves her "boys" and its cute to hear her calling out "my boys."  She also wont go to bed at night or take a nap without saying night night to her boys and hear them say night night back. 
She loves dogs and that puppy on the bed is her doggie that goes everywhere with us.  EVERYWHERE.  So not only do we have her pacifier and 8 blankets every night but her doggie too that she has to sleep with.  I think we need to get a spare doggie just in case we leave it somewhere. 

She is very very attached to mommy.  More so than Colin ever was.  She has to be where I'm at and not just in the same room but on my lap or stuck to me - she wont unlatch herself from me. So she's always with me. Which makes a lot of things take longer or just dont get done. But I dont mind most of the time because I know she wont do this for long and I'm enjoying that my baby wants to always be right with me. And she is such a snuggler. I'm enjoying all her snuggles.  Especially after mom told me Mary was just the same way. And since Mary hardly calls or comes home anymore I'm making sure to enjoy Norah's attachment now. 

Poor girl woke up with a virus on her birthday.  This girl is a dream sleeper - always has been so when shes waking up half the night you know something is wrong. 
So a lot of plans I had for her birthday didnt happen. But we played and snuggled most of the day which is always just as good. 
Joel also cooked and baked with her forever.  Best gift right there for Norah. 
We tried candles again. I put the cupcake infront of her while she was sitting on the bench and turned around and she was halfway of the bench.


She sayed far away from that candle.  She would only come to the table when the candle was taken out of her cupcake.  Dont think I need to worry about her around a firepit this summer. 
 Then all was well.






No comments: