Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Shamrock

 The boys ran their first official races.  Colin ran that 200 yard dash when he was 3 but it wasn't an official race with his own bib number.  So this was a pretty big deal.  Colin school signed up for the shamrock final mile and he's been working on running with me this winter.  He is fast. He'll run three miles with me no problem while I'm dying pushing the double jogger and Colin is never winded. 
I had forgotten that I had signed  up Joel for the Leprechaun Dash until this week.  He was excited but come race day got nervous around all the crowds. 

Pretty ears were rubbed when he started to get overwhelmed and nervous. 

Ant Ant ran with Joel while I took Colin to his starting line and Brent went and stood by the finish line. 
 Joel held Ant Ants hand the whole race.

And then told Ant Ant it was too bad she didnt run fast enough to get a medal too.  He's pretty proud of his medal. 
 Colin started off running in the middle of the pack next to his friend Trey.
 Then something clicked inside him and he booked it. He was around a 7  minute mile we think.  We haven't gotten the official times yet. 
  Here is when Trey's mom said he just started weaving around people and running full speed.

Colin ended up being one of the top 10 in his group of 200+  SO proud of my boy.  Its not easy to get out of the crowd the first mile and up ahead of everyone.  He might have been the top runner for his school but I'm not sure. I'm sure his PE teacher will let him know tomorrow. 



So proud of my runners. 
 

No comments: