Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Character day

 Last night at dinner Colin informed us that today was character day at school where you dress like your favorite book character. He had decided to be Gandalf.  And he wanted me to make him a long grey robe and everything.  I didnt get to make a robe but I went out and got him a beard which satisfied him.  He didnt want to do davy crockett again because everyone still remembers that one. 
 I wanted to make Gandalf happen for him because I want him to keep reading books that are harder to read than the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. Although that series has turned into a great one for Colin to spend hours reading so I do love them just want him to be challenged in his reading. 
And anything to create a love for reading I'm all in.  It was pouring down rain this morning so I loaded up the kids and drove Colin to school so his beard and hair wouldnt get wet.  The new principal opened the car door for him and of course loved his outfit. I had to yell to Colin to come back and get his backpack and the principal joked that the backpack was not essential today on character day.  I like her.

I did have to drive home and get the Hobbit book for Colin and drop it off by the office.  The kids that dress up get to read a part of the book to the class today. The person manning the front desk was glad to know what kid it was who was dressed as Gandalf.  They had been trying to guess when he walked by :) 

No comments: