Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Another race

This morning Holly and I woke up WAY before dawn to drive to Richmond to run the Richmond half marathon.
Running is so much greater with friends. Abi had chemo yesterday and today ran a half marathon. Amazing! I haven't  seen her since college so it was fun to see her briefly. Sarah and Sam also ran it. We all started out together.
Holly, Bethany and I ran together. The others ran on ahead.  Bethany has sadly moved away so it was good to see her and catch up. It also started raining that morning and downpoured around mile 2.
 My dad sent this text last night so when it started raining a few miles from Richmond I sent him back this rainy picture saying where was the nice weather.

But it stopped raining hard after a mile I think - not sure how long it really lasted -  and ended up being a nice day for a run. And also fun that no matter how old I get my dad still wants to know details of my life. Like the start and finish line. Although he probably knew that I wouldn't remember street names so he was better off asking Sarah or reading it online.

Sarah, Sam and I are getting a lot of medals together lately.



A great day for a run and good to see great friends. 

I come home to a quiet house and a fun sign (Brent took kids to a birthday party at chuck e cheese. I think he deserves a medal for that) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abu and Sarsar, perhaps the great bearded one wants to join you for some races.

Holly said...

It was a fantastic time. Everything you said it would be and more. Thanks for pushing and encouraging me! Loved my morning with you guys.