Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Summer...please dont leave

 
This past weekend Colin picked out a new backpack. That will probably be the only back to school shopping I do until back to school night. But it made me sad. And last night we slept with the windows open. I love fall weather but I'd rather keep summer around a little longer to keep the pool water warmer :)  Summer is going by way too fast. And I'm not really sure where the days have gone! The kids are having so much fun together playing. Norah keeps up with the boys in just about everything and Joel and Colin have had a great summer playing together. When Colin isn't pretending to be a tiger. Joel hates it. Colin loves that Joel hates it and now Colin just has to "roar" like a tiger and Joel starts screaming for me. So they have their moments but its been such a peaceful summer. Its going to be hard to get back into the school routine for us.  I haven't once heard "i'm bored" and not because we've been busy doing stuff. We've spent a lot of time just being home. They do a great job finding ways to entertain themsevles.  The other day they came up with a game where they throw stuffed animals at norah and she loves it.  She laughs even harder when the stuffed animals hit her so the boys now have a challenge. Now she will go into their room and climb up on Colin's bed and wait for them to go on Joels bed with their stuffed "friends"  So strange but they are all happy so it works for me. 
 
I have heard "im hungry" about 100 times a day.  Keeping these boys fed is getting hard.  I'm going to the grocery store at least twice a week just to keep them fed. I really wish I had their metabolism. Eggs and pancakes at 8;30 and by 10 they are wanting a whole other meal.  I've spent a lot of time in the kitchen making/cleaning up meals. 
 
Colin is in basketball camp all week so we're getting back in the school mode since he's gone from 8:30-4.  He loved it yesterday and couldnt stop talking about it.  Brent couldnt have been happier.  Which means I need to go wake up Norah and get her up.  Favorite child ever! She sleeps from 8-8 pretty much guaranteed. Colin was up at 5/6am every day at this age plus a few times in the middle of the night and Joel was even worse.  Joel still is up all night several times a night and he will only sleep if he is RIGHT NEXT TO YOU - every time you try to push him away he will come even closer.  And no matter how many times we put him back in his bed he will always end up in ours. But Norah loves to sleep and loves her bed and its absolutely amazing to us.  I'm kinda glad we had the boys first because if we had had Norah first and then the boys we wouldnt know what to do. 
 
But we do have a few more weeks of summer left so we will try to soak it all up while we can.
 
 

No comments: