Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, August 30, 2013

dont let the bed bugs bite!

 We went down to the outer banks this past week for a few days with some friends. On the way down I pulled into the Grave Digger compounds and let the boys take a ride on a monster truck.  Brent was driving seperately since he left the beach to go to work on the way back so it was just me and the kids for a while before Brent met us there.  The boys had to ride alone since Norah was too short to go but Joel went up and sat right down next to Colin and they both loved every minute. 
 They had a whole petting zoo and playground for the kids.  I was really impressed.
 Then we headed down to the beach.
 We had fun playing on the beach - I brought my camera one morning during an early walk with the kids and thats all the pictures I took.  We also spent a lot of time in the indoor pool - the outside one was a little too cold - and the hot tub. 

 And then the last night there we googled some strange insect bites we were getting and might have had bed bugs. So i've spent the past two days since being back making sure these things didnt come home with us. The exterminator for the resort said they were something else but according to google pictures of the bites I'm not convinced.  At least my car is now really cleaned out and so is all my laundry.  Its kinda nice going to a laundry mat and getting 6 loads done at once.  It wasn't the vacation I pictured for a lot of reasons but we had fun with the kids and it was a nice end of the summer for Colin.
Can't belive this guy starts second grade in a few days! 

1 comment:

Holly said...

you take the best pictures. so talented.