Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Spring Break

We are all sad that spring break had to end.  It was a great week and so much fun having Colin around all week.  And really nice not to have to worry about getting out the door for school all week.  The kids and I went to the farm for a few days.  Colin woke up and was out the door and exploring in the woods with Grandpa by 8am.  He only came back to eat I think and was plotting how to bring his lunch and dinner with him on his hikes. When you own hundreds of acres of woods, plus a creek and some old old stone ruins it makes for the perfect playground for kids. 

One of my favorite moments was one night we were getting dinner ready and I gave Norah some green beans to munch on. She ate a few then walked over to Joel's boots and stuffed the rest of the green beans in his boots. She knew exactly what she was doing :)

 The Old Mill. (not sure how old it is but is on some civil war maps)
 Looking for the family treasure.  We found a horse shoe and part of a plow

 The dam that fed the mill.  Also on some civil war maps which I think is pretty cool.
Norah took some naps while exploring in the woods.
Ant Ant surprised us one afternoon while we were hiking down to the creek and stayed for dinner.
 We flew kites in the front fields.


 My moms second time flying a kite (the first was the day before with the kids)
This kite broke off and somehow mom found it - amazing since there are hundreds of acres on our land plus all the neighbors land.

We came home and I took the kids to the aquarium along with the rest of virginia beach.  Ive never seen it that crowded but it was fun and they all loved it.

And then I left Saturday and Sunday for a girls weekend away.  Some close friends invited me to go with them and I'm so so glad.  Such a great weekend. It was so much fun and went by way too fast. Brent was excited to get all three kids by himself I think just to see if he could do it. He did a great job. I knew he would.  All our husbands were great at encouraging us to go. I think all moms need to get away completely for a whole weekend.  I came back so refreshed and its good for the kids to miss their mommy sometimes too :) 

And I came home with some fun things.  I didnt get too much since the bathroom "simple fix" we has turned into a more expensive fix but I got some stuff for the boys room.  That was only half of what we all got.  We fit it all in the van.  Such a great weekend.

A great spring break.  And now the countdown to summer break begins.


No comments: