Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, June 16, 2012

we made it

 We now have a first grader.  Where did this past year go? I need to compare the above picture from the last day of school to his first day of school.  Its been much better than I imagined.  Colin has done so well and we really had a great year.  I didn't realize how much I liked the school until I helped last week at field day.  I stopped volunteering in Feb since I couldn't waddle down the halls very fast :)  I had so many people come up to me asking about the baby when I walked into the school.  The administration has made the school feel like family so hopefully they don't leave anytime soon.  He had a wonderful teacher and teachers assistant that clearly adored Colin.  (Always helps when they love your son!) Colin has gotten so confident and grown up so much this year. 

Homework was not fun for either of us most nights.  I'm hoping that changes before 1st grade but I think God knew I couldn't homeschool him his past year or we would be butting heads each day. I still don't want him gone from me all day - I wish all the grades were all half day - but I'm excited for first grade. He will get to do art class each week and PE which he's excited about.  Its been fun now seeing kids from his class at the pool and getting to meet their parents.  He had a great class this year - can't wait to see what next year brings. But for now I'm going to enjoy having all my kids home each day. 

No comments: