Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, June 22, 2012

3 months

 Norah is 3 months old now. Why does time have to go so fast. Norah is such a sweet baby. In the words of Marilla Cuthbert of Anne of Green Gables "every baby is the sweetest and the best" And I agree. All my babies have been the sweetest and the best. And Norah really does have a sweet personality.
  Norah is starting to suck on two of her fingers. She loves her pacifier but more and more is wanting her fingers. She also loves to hold onto her dresses and pull them up by her face.
   So far she is very laid back - just goes with the flow. Nothing really bothers her but when she does get upset she'll wimper and produce real tears (the boys never had tears at this age) and her wimpering will last a LONG time. I told Brent to be prepared for an emotional girl. One time Joel was trying to give Norah some of his drink and accidently spilled ice and water all over her. Poor Norah. She let us know that was no acceptable at all. She stopped crying right away but did her little wimpering for a while after.
 Love all her rolls. A few weeks ago she was just over 12lbs and just under 24 inches long.  She hasn't grown as much as I thought considering how big she was at birth. 
  Norah will generally talk and smile to anyone who she makes eye contact with. She loves to be snuggled and held for hours and hours. I love it. I know it wont last for very long so I'm enjoying it while I can. I would much rather hold a baby than clean my house anyday.  She is getting better at being on her tummy and back but prefers to be held sitting up or in her bumbo seat. At night I will nurse her on the couch and then just snuggle with her for a long time watching her sleep.
 She also loves to be tickled and has the cutest giggle. Colin can get the most giggles and coos out of her.
 She is our best sleeper by far. I used to be amazed and wonder what people did to get their kids to sleep through the night and never thought it was possible but she's great. Joel is getting up more than Norah.  She's pretty consitent at getting up at 5am - going down between 8 & 9 and will sometimes get up once in the middle.  AMAZING.  Keep it up baby girl. We love you.  Its hard to imagine what life was like without her.

No comments: