Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

We have had a busy but fun Easter weekend.  Saturday we had an egg hunt/ cookout with our community group at our house and then later that afternoon had another cookout/Easter meal with the whole family/grandparents and greatgrandparents/ aunts/uncle/cousins.Today after church we had an Easter dinner with our community group and Joel is now napping and Colin and Brent are playing legos on the floor but they might both fall asleep soon too. The egg hunt was so cute.  It was all little boys with Colin being the oldest. I wish we had gotten a picture of all of them together with their baskets.  Colin was fast and might have found most of the eggs.  I don't think he really wanted/knew about the candy inside he just thought it was a contest to see who could get the most eggs the fastest.  So this is mainly what every picture I have of him looks like:
 
 
Colin declared himself the Easter Egg Champion and by looking at his basket I think he was.  But at least Colin started sharing the candy after the egg hunt.  He gave away what he didnt want. Which thankfully was what other people liked so it all worked out I guess.

 Joel was really cute.  He wasn't sure at first but then once he realized there was candy inside he stopped looking for eggs and started eating the candy in the eggs he already found.
 
 
I'm pretty sure all Joel ate yesterday was chocolate and jelly beans. Since Ant Ant had another egg hunt for the kids when we got there.  So he sat and ate more jelly beans.
I need to get the pictures Ant Ant took since she was taking some great ones at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  All I have are of Joel eating Jelly Beans :) 
 This morning before church I might have taken my new favorite pictures of the boys.  All three of them :)


The boys love to pick the flowers for mommy and put them in my hair.  Joel couldn't nap one day because he had to go outside and get flowers for "mommy's air" So he got flowers and put them in my hair and then took a nap. They are picking flowers for mommy in this picture.

3 comments:

sarah said...

I love the pictures of the boys! All 3 of them!

k.oldt said...

the pics look amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nystral Djo said...

what a cool treehouse! your yard is all sorts of fun! any garden plans this year, or just the awning/patio project? brent get his worm farm yet?