Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, October 04, 2009

Pumpkin time


Sunday after church we decided to go to a pumpkin patch. I had read about a farm in Pungo with a hayride and pumpkins. We got to the farm and there was no one there. So I called the number and they said they didn't have pumpkins this year. (when I went back home I pulled up the website I had looked at to prove to Brent I wasn't wrong and it did say sept 09 they had pumpkins!) So we went to the farmers market instead and let the boys pick out pumpkins. Colin picked out a small one for Joel who looked like he just wanted to slobber on his. Then Colin found the biggest one there and said that he wanted that pumpkin. It was over 80lbs and cost $100. I told him we needed to eat this week and couldn't buy him that big pumpkin to which he replied "we can eat my pumpkin. Its pretty big" ha! good try. So he settled on a really tall skinny one and still isn't that excited about it but its growing on him. Joel keeps looking at his pumpkin and wondering what it is.

The one he wanted and the one we came home with.

5 comments:

Julie said...

that is so precious! I really want to have a picture with the boys in a pumpkin patch...not sure if that will ever happen. That is a bummer about the place in Pungo, sorry about that.

Auntie Angela! said...

Pumpkins!!

sarah said...

he is so excited about the HUGE pumpkin and disappointed in the pic next to it with the pumpkin you ended up with

Sabasue said...

Cute pics. We were looking for a pumpkin patch to go to next week. We figured that buying one at Krogers just wasn't festive enough.

Anthony Ryan Delorie said...

"I told him we needed to eat this week" - priceless, i am going to steal that line, next time my boy wants an expensive toy.