Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, May 15, 2009

hiccups and potty training

Colin does pretty well right now using the potty - he just won't poop on the potty. "next time mommy" is what he always says. Today he informed me matter of factly (is factly even a word?) that the reason I get the hiccups so much is because I poop on the potty. "mommy its not healthy to poop on potty" he told me. "poop in your diaper like me - no get the hiccups" So just when I think we're getting so close to being out of diapers he tells me this. But I always get the hiccups so if he's convinced that pooping in the potty is what causes it we may have a long wait until we're pull-/diaper free. I'm pretty sure since he wants to be a big boy so much and in fact keeps calling himself Colin big boy (big boy is his last name mostly) that once the baby comes he'll start using the potty since babies use diapers.In baby news we found the hospital. Its very easy to get to. Only not the 5 minute drive like we had with Colin. Brent's so excited because its near the trader joe's that just opened up in VB. I think I'll still go to the one in Newport News though since this one was out of everything we like and apparently a truck comes every night to stock it. So since the whole city is going to this one we'll go back to our regular one. But the only reason we found the hospital last night was because Brent wanted to check out the Trader Joe's store. I'm pretty sure while i'm in the hospital Brent will make a run to get his favorite snacks. Colin was so disappointed that we didn't get the baby last night. "baby why you no come out?" is what he kept saying to the baby and patting my tummy. His latest thing is to tickle my tummy because he wants to tickle his little brother. He did get a little jealous this week when my sister came to paint the baby's room. Baby room no need paint. Just fine. nana play with me - no paint baby's room. But then he got to help paint and we told him how only big boys get to paint and that made him feel special. Then he started singing a song he made up "me love baby ...." and later during his nap time he called me in and said "me want to snuggle with baby brother" and put his head on my stomach and went to sleep. He has moved himself into the baby's room. All his toys are on the changing table and thats become his jungle gym. And he calls it his fire station and keeps his fire trucks in the room. So we'll have to work on that. On june 16th they are going to do an ultrasound to see how big the baby is and if my cervix is ready they will go ahead and induce. If not then we can choose to be induced at 39 weeks. Its coming very fast. I'm excited to see an ultrasound at 37 weeks. A little nervous that its a month away! But according to Colin it can't get here too soon.
Last night Brent kept tossing and turning in his sleep and mumbling something about weeding. haha! Here is Colin trying out his garden hoe. Looks like he and Brent will have some work to do today from what Brent was thinking all night!

4 comments:

Bringing Up Boys said...

That is too funny about the hiccups!v Kids really do say the darnedest things :).

Not that it is guaranteed to work for every child... but what finally worked with Zach was my buying a gumball machine, filling it with peanut M&M's, placing it on top of the toilet lid and informing Zach that every time he went pee he'd get two of them, and every time he did the other he'd get three. I had a jelly jar full of pennies and whenever he would go I'd hand him the correct amount so he could get his m's. I'm telling you, you never saw a little boy so happy to go potty - worked like a charm, especially considering he is my little instant gratification boy!

Nystral Djo said...

what a cute story about the hiccups! haha. that garden looks beautiful - is that peas and beans growing up those trellises? wow, only a month left - it has gone by so fast!!

Brent and Abigail said...

They are sugar snap peas. The blossoms are finally starting to come. I'll post a bunch of pics of my garden for ya. We've had tons of rain so far... looking good.

Julie said...

that is so funny about the hiccups. It is really strange for boys.. they are really afraid to poop on the potty. It took Eli a long time to do it and he was around 3.5-4 when he really did it fully, so be patient even though it seems forever. Then he wanted me to wipe him all the time, even when he can do it himself. Right now he still wants me to double check sometimes. I feel like I am never going to stop wiping butts!

He is so cute loving on his little brother, those are precious memories!!!

I think we are going to be back in VA Beach for Christmas... we will need to get together LOTS.. if you are there, because I don't really have friends there anymore. Okay :)