Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Early Thanksgiving

Since my brother and sister-in-law were in town the week before Thanksgiving we decided to have an early thanksgiving dinner at our house with my family and her family. So this was the Gouger/Burley/Howland/Goedecke early thanksgiving I guess you could call it. Sarah came Saturday afternoon and helped entertain Colin and helped clean. And then everyone came over Sunday afternoon. I think there might have been 20 people there? I'm not sure. But they all fit in our tiny house and I hope everyone had a great time. I made the turkey and everyone else brought side dishes or dessert. And it was all so good. Mary can't stop talking about Debbie's chocolate peacan pie. There wasn't any leftovers of that! We certainly enjoyed it and were glad we could have everyone over. Colin had a blast. He loved going outside and playing football with the boys. He was the referee and kept pretending to blow the whistle and just ran after everyone. Perfect for him. He also made a friend in my cousin Sam as he convinced Sam to keep playing outside long after everyone had come in from the dark and cold. And I guess they had a big conversation about Colin being grumpy so he needed to go in jail. haha - Sam understood Colin's language perfectly. It was a long day as Brent's company had a year end review where they invited the wives to come and hear how the company is doing/future of the company. So right after our dinner Brent and I left to go to that. So mary stayed and babysat Colin while we went and everything was put away and cleaned when we got home! My kind of party :) thank you everyone for coming and making it a fun thanksgiving! Here are some pictures. They are Sarah's pictures. My camera batteries are dead and I know I just bought new ones so I'll upload mine once I can find them. Colin loves AJ (and also Aunt Angela)

Hokie Dads
Jamie and Benjamin. We LOVE them! And Benjamin is just so cute
Grandma, Cyndi, me, Mom and Mary
Feeding Benjamin. I think he stole the show that night!
AJ's favorite friend.
James, Angela and Tony
Sisters

2 comments:

Julie said...

how fun, that is awesome... love the pic of you and your sisters.

Bringing Up Boys said...

I see we have dome family resemblances going on ;)! So glad you all had a good celebration together. Praying that "baby Goedecke" and you are doing well these days!