Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

A few days ago Colin and I were at the playground and he sat on the steps and wanted me to run through the playground and then go down the slide. I guess Momma makes a funny picture trying to slide down a slide meant for little kids. But I told him we had to go home in a few minutes and he told me "one more" while holding up 1 finger. I think I tell him that a lot because now he tells me "one more" if we are at the playground so he can go down the slide again, or "one more" cookie (his favorite), "one more" if he is throwing rocks in the river, "one more" drink or he uses it pretty much for everything. and he's so cute doing it I usually give in (except for the cookie part) and let him tell me one more a few times until we're done. I have to say "last one" now so he knows we're going home or doing something different. So anyways I said Ok and went down the slide one more time. Well, as I'm halfway down the slide I see him take off running in the opposite direction looking back at me and laughing all the way! And he's fast. He had it planned the whole time. I guess he figured it gave him a few more minutes at the playground. I caught up with him and he was still laughing at his "trick" the whole walk home.
Today we went on a walk to find trucks. Colin LOVES his trucks and gets so excited when he sees one in real life that we follow the garbage truck around every Thursday. We have to wait for him to come around and then we follow it around the block. But they are paving a road a few streets over and we have been going to check on the progress almost every day. Whatever they are doing it seems to take at least 20 trucks and at least 8 or 9 different types. We watched them for an hour today until Momma got hot :) Colin could've watched them all day. But there were some trucks parked on the side and Colin started yelling "man"... "Man"... "MAN!!!!" (louder each time) and tried to get the attention of the construction workers (which he calls man) and then very expressively pointed the the unused trucks. Most of the workers just waved back - not knowing what he was trying to get them to do. Which made Colin just try harder. It was really funny - a little embarrassing for me and frustrating for Colin since they didn't listen but toward the end one of the trucks were used so Colin was happy.

1 comment:

Bringing Up Boys said...

Has he been introduced to the show Bob the Builder yet? Zach LOVED that show when he was around Colin's age and every time we saw a construction vehicle he would call it by one of the Bob the Builder names (Scoop, Muck, Dizzy, Lofty, Roley & Travis). So all the construction workers were referred to as BOB - who new there were so many Bob's out there in the contracting realm ;).