Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Becoming a daddy's boy


He's not quite a year old year (turns 11 months old in 2 days), but Colin is starting to become a "little man." I was gone for about 8 days on a trip to Chicago and it was the LONGEST 8 days away from my family I have ever experienced. Okay, it was only the second time I have been away from Abigail for a week in our marriage, but first being away from Colin for more than one day. The trip was absolutely amazing and eye opening, but as the days wore on, I found myself looking at the three pictures I had of Colin quite often. I have so much respect for people in the military who are forced to leave their family for prolonged periods of time. I don't know how they do it.



So when I finally saw Colin, I think I must have squeezed the snot out of him. I have heard kids sometimes forget their parents early on (well, dads anyways!) when they are not around for a while, but I think Colin knew right away dad was back! Being a dad is the most amazing thing ever. Abigail and I joke about have 5+ kids because we enjoy it so much. Reality probablly won't allow that though... and the fact that we need sleep one of these days!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want 5+, I feel like I need another nephew/niece in the very near future! :-) Glad you are back! :-)

Anonymous said...

I agree... another nephew/niece would be great!

Colin knows his daddy. It's not the same without you. Can't wait to hear about Chicago.