Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, January 08, 2023

Fall

 So it’s been so long I forgot my password and spent the last hour trying to log in. And I actually sat down to write this last week but then I got locked out since I tried so many passwords and had to reset my password.  

Guess it’s time for an update. We haven’t done too much this fall. Colin was busy swimming. Joel, Norah and I ran a 5k. 

It was the first time Ive run with Holly and had to tell her to run ahead. I had to stop and walk a little bit.  I haven't run much since school started.  Norah ran it all by herself.  We picked up Joel from a sleepover for Emersons birthday. They had slept outside in a tent and he said someone used his blanket and he didnt sleep in his sleeping bag. So he was slightly grumpy that morning. He had rolled his ankle playing manhunt so he walked the entire thing and voiced his concerns over agreeing to run this in the first place.  Poor planning on his part he kept saying.  




Emeline and Norah started off together but then Norah went on ahead and Emeline saw Joel walking, so she stopped to walk with him.  I asked him if he saw her waiting for him and he said yes. And I then asked if he ran up to her and his response was "why would I do that?" But they finished together, and he kept her entertained with his stories. 




Then we left Joel at home since he had already walked a 5k on a rolled ankle and mom signed him up for the race and how dare I ask him to do anything else that day. The rest of us went to a local farm to see if they had any apples for apple picking. One of my students had mentioned getting apples there so we figured it was worth a try.  
It wasn't the mountain apple picking experience we were used to.

As Colin said, Dad has resorted to picking up apples from the ground.  He usually takes his time to find the biggest most perfect apples. 



We eventually found a few trees with some apples left on them. 

But we managed to get enough apples for apple waffles and some apple crisp. 









No comments: