Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Monday, March 07, 2022

Ski Trip


Back in January the kids had a semester break, so we went up to Canaan Valley again.  It really is a great time to go since the slopes are pretty empty on Monday. And we found out they give free lift tickets mondays if you bring a canned good. 

We were excited to see a lot of snow. 













Some was cold, tired, and hungry.


On monday Brent and Colin skied.  


We spent some time in the arcade and pool/hot tub and then went tubing.



We met Brent and Colin for lunch and then walked over to the tubing area. They had a great time.Colin said it was fun seeing how much better he was going on some of the same runs he did last year. Their only issue was they missed the shuttle bus and had to walk back
to the resort. I offered to go pick them up but Brent was sure they were close....about 45 minutes close! I should’ve been asking Colin if he thought they were close. 








The slopes were really icy this year. We flew down the lanes. Joel and I went down together and went out of our lane, into the next lane, back to our lane, then into Norah's lane next to us (good thing she had already gone down) then Joel flew over top of me in his tube and thats when I let go and refuesed to be tethered to either of their tubes. Its a good thing it was so empty so we didnt crash into someone.  Joel likes to tell people how we almost died tubing.  But after all that he has decided that maybe skiing is safer so next year hopefully we can get him to do that. 



Joel talked me into going down the steep lane tubing so I told him he had to try ice skating again. 


Still not a fan at all.  Why do you make me do this dangerous activity mom?  Do you want me to break my bones? 


I love it.  All those years rollerblading.  I could get roller blades but somehow this seems safer to me and less risk of falling. And we have the rink almost to ourselves. 

We ran into one of the head Girl Scout leaders in our area on the trip. Her family was also using the break to ski. I had gone to the lobby to pick up sandwiches for dinner before the shop closed and was talking to her and we saw people in their cars feeding the deer. I remember saying who would let deer eat out of their hands? I get back to our room and Joel and Norah are so excited because deer were outside the room and Joel had them eating oatmeal out of his hands. So my kids! My kids would let deer eat out of their hands. 

It was a quick but great trip.  We came home to all our snow melted and 60 degree weather.  We got our fill of snow this winter! 
 

No comments: