Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Saturday, January 22, 2022

Joel

Joel never got to finish his notes to me telling me his depravity with no xbox.  His school went virtual because so many teachers were sick and I let him back on the xbox in the afternoons to talk to his friends. 

This time it was just Joel home for a few days without the others. And I'm pretty sure he would've thrived being an only child.  He was so calm, polite, happy.  He had about 5 minutes between his classes so he would come downstairs and talk to me then go back up. 

He would sit in the middle of all these lego bins while he would log onto his chrome book.  He would sit and build while watching his teachers. This part of the room is fillled with sunlight during the day, so I don't blame him. for sitting there in the sun.  Except he didn't put them away at the end of the day.  

One night Colin was turning out the lights and tripped over them leaving the room.  Joel made a point to tell me the next day that he cleaned up COLINS MESS.  I said yes, but whose fault was it that Colin made the mess.  Without a beat Joel said "Colin of course.  He needs to be more aware of his surroundings." 


No comments: