Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Adventure park

We got to our cabin on a Monday night and had booked the waterpark tickets for Tuesday.  The kids wanted to be there right when it opened at 9am so we all set our alarms to get up and get breakfast cooking early enough. It was foggy and overcast at first but then ended up being a bright sunny day. 

The kids had so much fun. It was physically demanding to be able to pull yourself up onto these inflatables and then to just slip right back into the lake.  I've never felt more like a beached whale plopping down onto the obstacle courses but then also so strong when I made it to the top.  We were there until 5 when we went back to our cabin for a quick dinner and then back to the park for the rest of the night. 


















The kids said  they felt like they were in that show Wipeout.











There was one point at the end of the night where Colin and Kady were racing on the obstacle course. Colin was in the lead but then slipped and fell into the lake.  Kady flew past him onto this big climbing pyramid. Colin came up out of that lake with a look of determination on his face that I've never seen. He was not going to let her win. 


He was right to be a little nervous. The lifeguard in me was a little nervous watching some of it. But he did all the courses and slides along with everyone else. 


 I'm pretty sure 7th grade Colin could not imagine going on a vacation with his English teacher and his family.  In fact when I mentioned having them them over for dinner at the end of the school year Colin looked at me and was like what? that would be so weird having my teacher at my house. I think we are beyond that weirdness  now and so very thankful for this friendship. 


No comments: