Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Chasing Sunsets

The night after the All Star swim meet we had planned a dinner with a few of the swim team families.  We had planned on a beach night but with all the rain we've been having I offered my house.  Then it looked like rain but Colin kept saying "mom wait until after the swim meet to decide" I almost cancelled the beach and made it at my house that morning but Colin said just wait a few more hours.  Then at the swim meet we brought up the radar and it looked dark green, red and yellow right over us from 4pm and on.  Still Colin said wait.  We all left the swim meet and went home to change and get our beach gear in case it rained on us.   I was really nervous and just knew the minute we got out there the skies were going to open up on us but Colin was right.  The rain held off and it was the perfect beach afternoon/night.  There is something magical about swimming and watching the sun set.

 

 
On the way home I thanked Colin for making me wait and for pushing all of us for a beach night.


No comments: