Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Friday, January 26, 2018

Joel

Joel is up early - just about every morning.  But sometimes when he does sleep in we wake him up at 6:30.  After Christmas he asked to be woken up at 6 because he likes having time to fully wake up before he heads to the bus stop. I understand that so the days we do have to wake him up we have been making sure its by 6

The other day I hit snooze one to many times and didn't wake Joel up until 6:15 - he didn't get out of bed until 6:20..... excuse me 6:22.

Immediately his life was over.  He was going to miss the bus.  Breakfast was yucky. Why didn't I wake him up earlier.  Never mind his clothes were already sitting out just needing to be put on or that breakfast was already made.  Yelling and crying on the couch how he was going to be late for the bus.  I assured him he wasn't going to be late.

We were 5 minutes early for the bus stop.

He refused to stand near me.

Or look at me.

We are the only ones at the bus stop in the mornings.

He kept telling me I could leave "you may please go now"

At least he was polite this time.

I stayed

And then when he got on the bus I started to wave and smile like a crazy person "BYEEEE have a GREAT day!!!" Until the bus was all the way down the street.

I can be just as stubborn as him


One night Colin and Norah were in one room play and Joel was in the office doing home work. I'm not sure what happened but Norah fell and started crying. Colin ran to her and made sure she was ok.  "oh Norah are you ok? can I help you?"  He was being so sweet.

All Joel heard was Norah crying and Colin coming to her rescue.  All of a sudden I hear Joel yell "COLIN STOP ENCOURAGING NORAH TO GET HURT!"

Maybe that explains the lack of sympathy Joel shows his sister sometimes

No comments: