Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Thursday, January 04, 2018

Doll House

Norahs big gift this year was a doll house.  I remember my mom locking herself into her bedroom on Christmas Eve one year while she built Mary a doll house.  When they moved they gave me a box of all Marys dollhouse furniture.  Norah has had fun playing with it all.  So early November I went to Hobby Lobby and got a dollhouse kit. I thought it would take me a week max to put it together..... hahahaha I forgot how long it takes for paint to dry and then for glue to dry. And then put it all away before Norah came home from school. There are a lot of steps so part of it was built in the garage then the rest was in my closet. I told Norah not to go in there and she didn't.  I was impressed! She didn't try to peak even knowing there was a big Christmas gift inside. I told her if she saw it then she couldn't have it and it would go back to the store.  She listened well or was just too worried mommy really would take it back to the store.   She did see me staining each and every shingle but I told her it was just for a Christmas project and she didn't ask any more questions after that.  It took forever and at times I thought it wasn't ever going to come together or look nice.But I had fun making it and all the little doll house accessories are just too cute!  I also don't know how Mom built Mary's all in one day.
  
I finished it just in time for Christmas.  After she had seen her doll house and opened a bag full of new furniture and doll house people she looked like she was trying not to cry.  I asked her what was wrong and she said "I like my doll house but I really wanted a baby doll instead!" Well then....

Thankfully she has come around and plays with it all the time.  My favorite is when she puts the babies to bed and then the mom takes a bath (like Aunt Angela!) Also the baby uses the toilet because this momma doesn't change stinky diapers! ha!



No comments: