Life As We Know It

Life As We Know It

Wednesday, October 04, 2017

The Homeplace

 Angela suggested going to the Homeplace for lunch on our way out of town.  The Homeplace has always been on my bucket list to go.  Angela and James went all the time in college and I think Sarah went a lot too.  Somehow I never made it out there.  I think because I would work one or two Friday nights every month in college and it always seemed to be the nights my friends would go. I always figured I'd just go the next time but 4 years goes by fast and I never made it out there.  So I of course was all for going! And it was just as amazing as everyone always said.

Its family style restaurant.  You have to wait a long time but once you are there they just start bringing out the food. Lots of food.  It felt like thanksgiving dinner only with fried chicken and roast beef. We waited an hour to get in but it was a beautiful day and plenty of open space for the kids to run around.


Goodbyes are hard. Goodbyes when they live on the other side of the world are harder.

No comments: